Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program
Questions? Call Nplate® Navigator toll-free at
, Monday through Friday
9:00 am – 9:00 pm ET.
The program can help eligible*, commercially insured patients with deductible, co-insurance or co-pay (out-of-pocket) requirements† for Nplate®.
- No income eligibility requirement.
- One simple phone call to enroll.
- No out-of-pocket cost for the first injection.
- After that, $25 out-of-pocket cost for subsequent injections, per injection, up to $10,000 per patient per calendar year. Patient is responsible for costs above this amount.
- Program covers out-of-pocket medication costs only. Program does not cover any costs related to office visit or product administration.
*†Read eligibility criteria and limits overview
The Program is open to patients who meet the following criteria:
- Must be prescribed Nplate®
- Must have private commercial health insurance that covers medication costs for Nplate®.
- Must not be a participant in any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program such as Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD) or TRICARE.
- May not seek reimbursement for value received from the Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program from any third-party payers, including flexible spending accounts or healthcare savings accounts. If at any time patients begin receiving coverage under any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program, patients will no longer be eligible to participate in the Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program and must call Monday through Friday, 9 am to 8 pm ET to stop participation.
Restrictions may apply. This is not health insurance. Program invalid where otherwise prohibited by law.
- For complete list of program eligibility requirements and limitations, visit www.amgenfirststep.com or call . To determine if you meet the eligibility requirements or for more information, please call or go online to www.amgenfirststep.com. Ongoing eligibility in the Nplate® FIRST STEP™ Program is contingent on submission of the required Explanation of Benefits form by your healthcare provider’s office within 45 days of use of the Nplate® FIRST STEP™ Program card. The program is not valid where prohibited by law.
- Program covers out-of-pocket medication costs for the Amgen product only.
- Program does not cover any other costs related to office visit or administration of the Amgen product.
- No out-of-pocket cost for first dose or cycle; $25 out-of-pocket cost for each subsequent dose or cycle; maximum benefit of $10,000 per patient per calendar year. Patient is responsible for costs above these amounts.
- Ongoing activation of the Nplate FIRST STEP™ card is contingent on the submission of the required Explanation of Benefits (EOB) form by your healthcare provider’s office within 45 days of use of the Nplate FIRST STEP™ card. Patients will be responsible for reimbursing the program for all amounts paid out if the EOB for the date of service is not received by the program within 45 days.
†Other restrictions apply. Not valid where prohibited by law. Amgen reserves the right to revise or terminate this program, in whole or in part, without notice at any time.
The Amgen FIRST STEP™ Program Prepaid MasterCard® is issued by Comerica Bank pursuant to license by MasterCard® International Incorporated.
No cash or ATM access. MasterCard® is a registered trademark of MasterCard® International Incorporated. This card can be used only to cover co-payment for eligible prescriptions covered under the program at participating merchant locations where Debit MasterCard® is accepted.
Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program FAQs
How long is the Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program valid?
Once a patient is registered, the card program is valid for the enrolled patient's entire course of treatment. There is no re-enrollment necessary. For questions, call Nplate® Navigator toll-free at Monday through Friday 9:00 AM–9:00 PM ET.
Are there any eligibility requirements for the Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program?
The Program is open to patients who have private commercial health insurance that covers Nplate® under a medical benefit plan. Patients are not eligible if participating in, or have Nplate® reimbursed under, any federal, state or government-funded healthcare program, such as Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD) or TRICARE. Log-on to www.amgenfirststep.com for full program eligibility requirements or call Nplate® Navigator toll-free at , Program invalid where otherwise prohibited by law.
Why are uninsured cash-paying patients not eligible for the Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program?
The program is intended to help commercially-insured patients cover the cost of their co-insurance or co-payment obligations for Nplate®. Uninsured patients requiring assistance may contact Amgen The Safety Net Foundation at to request assistance.
Can the Nplate FIRST STEP™ Program Prepaid MasterCard® be used with mail order and specialty pharmacies?
Yes, the Program can be used at pharmacies. Simply provide the RXBin number and member ID that is printed on the card when filling your prescription.
For more information about the Nplate® FIRST STEP™ Program Prepaid MasterCard®, please contact Nplate® Navigator at . Or, log-on to www.amgenfirststep.com for full program eligibility requirements.
Call Nplate Navigator toll-free
Monday–Friday, 9:00 AM–9:00 PM ET
Get patient support and services from a registered nurse
The information you receive from the Nplate® Navigator is not meant to replace the advice of your healthcare team. Amgen will not provide medical advice regarding your medical condition. The Nplate® Navigator is not intended to diagnose health problems or to take the place of talking with your doctor about your condition, treatment, or medication. Be sure to talk to your doctor at your next visit if you have any questions about adult chronic ITP or Nplate®.